This was a tag started by Her Bad Mother and I was tagged by my girl Mary of The Mama Mary Show. The mission is to get 80 women around the world involved in this tag – 5 things I love about being a mother. So here is my post on the subject.
5 Things I Love About Being A Mom
1. Morning wake up time. That goofy, sleepy smile and the lifting of his arms up to me to be picked up out of the crib.
2. The incredible cuddly and tight hugs & wet slobbery kisses. He sort of latches on with his whole body and squeezes with all his might to give big hugs and I know that he is trying to convey just how much he loves me, too.
3. The quiet moments in the middle of night when he has fallen asleep in my arms and I can just gaze at his sweet face. These are less frequent now that he is sleeping better, but these were such special times.
4. The awesome bond I feel with my husband and son. Knowing that this is the next chapter of our lives together as a family and the anticipation of all the adventures we have in store for us – it makes me happy.
5. Maternity Leave. As hard as it was to figure out how to be a mother to a new baby boy with all the craziness of that first few weeks of motherhood, the opportunity to be off of work for an extended period of time to just focus on him seemed like a gift. I miss that time a little now that I’m back to work.
I’m supposed to tag other International Mommy Bloggers so here goes… I don’t know these Mommies, but now we are connected in the cybersphere. I’ll be popping by their blogs to let them know momentarily.
Pip Pip Cheerio to Erin at American Mom In England. Hello from across the BIG Pond!
Please Visit Mira and Kiela’s Mom at A Bit East. She is a SUPER CREATIVE GENIUS and I’ve been checking out her blog for a while. They used to live in Beijing, China but they are back in the States now– she’s still got that Far East Flare so I’m counting this as an International connection.
Next, Travel Down Under to visit Happy Mummy at Bubble And Bean. I’ve always wanted to travel to Australia.
I couldn’t resist staying down under to visit Florida Girl In Sydney. The weather is just so nice there.
Getting in touch with my roots. A Mommy blog from Panama. Hola Enith! Mi Mama es de Panama!
And Finally, I’m gonna give a Shout Out to Kristine at Little Miss Emmalyn who has been visiting my blog and has been kind enough to leave really nice comments. Her little one Emmy, is delicious! She isn’t in another country but she is half Guatemalan. It counts.
Tag a lag a tag tag!
© 2009 – 2011, Laura Lee. All rights reserved.